Rest In Peace, MJ

I know this is a beauty blog, but I just have to take a moment to pay my respects to Michael Jackson. For an 80's baby like me, no artist had a bigger musical influence on me than Michael Jackson.

One of my earliest musical memories is of sitting on the floor in front of the living room TV, watching a VHS of MJ's music videos that my dad bought for me and my brother. We watched that tape over and over again, transfixed by the music and Michael's dancing, our imaginations captured by the images (the "Leave Me Alone" video and the video where he dance battled that rabbit always got me).

There will never be an artist who had such a profound affect on music and popular culture. Not only is his music and dance style emulated by artists from Usher to Justin Timberlake, but his style and unique fashion sense can be seen today in pop princess Rhianna.

So, I'll be listening to the MJ channel on AOL radio today in honor of this American Icon, while sending prayers out to his family, friends and fans the world over. We'll miss you, Mike!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPAM is not permitted. It WILL be deleted!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Seasonal_120x60

Search Brown Bombshell Beauty

About Me

My photo
Life-long beauty junkie. There's no 12-step program for this!

Labels

Archives