How to Lighten Your Eyebrows

Hey all! I decided to post a How-To picture tutorial on lightening your brows. I first got the idea from makeup artist Sam Fine. He always lightens the brows the celebs he works on, and I decided to lighten mine after coloring my hair a couple of months ago.

Well, I colored my hair again last weekend, and was mortified to see my dark brows in the mirrored elevator doors at my office! I looked a hot crazy mess! The lighter brow color had faded/grown out, so they definitely needed to be touched up too. Check it:

This is me before lightening my brows. They look a little light here because of the camera flash and face powder. Believe me, they looked dark!

This is the hair bleach I used. Yep, you don't need any special dye or anything. Just regular old facial hair bleach.

Here's what was inside the Sally Hansen kit. Just follow the directions on the box, and mix the cream bleach with the activator powder.

I look ridiculous! Ah, the things I do for beauty! Depending on how light you want to go, leave the bleach on anywhere from 1 minute to no more than 8-10mins. If you're tingling, you need to quit! I checked mine after 5 minutes, and left it on for a few minutes more.

Voila! Lightened brows to complement by hair color!

A closer pic. What do you think? Would you try lightening your brows?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this! I'm going to try it!

August 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Amber/Brown Bombshell said...

Yes! You must let me know how it turns out!

August 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Anonymous said...

My hair is copper blonde, but like you, my eyebrows were scary black!!! Would this technique work for me? I am the same complexion as you.

August 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Post a Comment

SPAM is not permitted. It WILL be deleted!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Seasonal_120x60

Search Brown Bombshell Beauty

About Me

My photo
Life-long beauty junkie. There's no 12-step program for this!

Labels

Archives