Dark and Lovely Hair Colour Review

This weekend I made my first foray into home hair color. I went natural recently and decided that this was as good a time as any to dabble in some color. I'm usually an advocate of leaving hair color to the professionals, but with the economy like it is, and my hair as short as it is, I figured why pay someone to do what I can do myself?

Well, when Dark and Lovely says they give you vibrant color, they mean it! I bought their Permanent Hair Colour in Sun Kissed Brown #377. It came out way to red for my tastes (I looked like Malcom X), but after looking at the box again, I realize that its definitely the same color on the model, so my dissatisfaction with the color is my own fault, I guess.

The gel and squeeze tube made it quick and easy to apply (though, a lot did end up all over my bathroom). It didn't smell too bad, but it burned my super sensitive scalp while I waited for the color to set. My scalp was fine after I rinsed the color out, but a good moisturizer was definitely in order, because my hair was left dry and hard, and the conditioner that came in the box was not cutting it.

Homey the Clown color aside, I would use this again in another shade. The color is very rich and vibrant, just like the box said, so if you picked the right color it would look really great. I've since followed up with Dark and Lovely Reviving Colors Semi-Permanent Hair Color in Ebone Brown (I'll post a review of this later) to mask the red until I can color again. When the brown fades fades in 6-8 washes, I think I'll try Chestnut Blonde #380. A good spring/summer shade, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! If you try the Chestnut Blonde color, please let us know how it works out. Not sure of your skin tone, but I am darker skinned (NW45), and am searching for a great summer color to accent my skin's undertone (which I believe is golden/yellow). Thanks!

Cpatrice
P.S. I'm not sure of the "profile" below, so I've elected "anonymous."

May 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM
Beauté Noire said...

Will do, Patrice!

May 22, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Post a Comment

SPAM is not permitted. It WILL be deleted!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Seasonal_120x60

Search Brown Bombshell Beauty

About Me

My photo
Life-long beauty junkie. There's no 12-step program for this!

Labels

Archives